To be held on Sunday, Oct 8th at 1pm, Centennial Plaza
1. The Contest is open to anyone wishing to bake an APPLE PIE.
2. Only 8 apple pies will be accepted with a $10 entry fee.
3. Only Double Crust Apple Pies will be accepted, no Crumbles, Crisps, Betty’s or Pan Dowdy’s allowed. Official Tehachapi Apple Festival Apple Pie Contest judge’s ruling as to eligibility will be final.
4. 2 Pies MUST be checked in at the Apple Festival Organizer’s booth in the stage at Centennial Plaza on Green Street by 12:00 p.m. on contest day (10/08/17). One pie is for tasting purposes and the second pie is to be auctioned for a non profit. We will turn away latecomers.
5. No other fruits may be added (juices OK).
6. Pies that need special handling, refrigeration or heating elements are not allowed.
7. The finished pies must be made using the same ingredients and recipe and cannot contain raw/uncooked eggs (white or yokes). Egg must reach 160 degrees to be considered cooked. Official Tehachapi Apple Festival Apple Pie Contest judge’s ruling as to eligibility will be final.
8. We recommend that pies are baked in disposable pans only, as pans will not be returned.
9. Both Pies will be scored on overall Appearance and Crust, Filling and Flavor/Taste, although only one of the pies will be cut into for tasting.
10. First Place winner will receive $50 Cash, 2nd place $25 and 3rd place a ribbon.
11. Following judging, the 2nd delivered pie will be auctioned off to benefit a local Non-Profit of Tehachapi.
12. Entry form below is current for 2017.
Copyright 2013. Tehachapi Apple Festival. All rights reserved.