To be held on Sunday, Oct 16th at 1pm, On Green Street Just Outside Centennial Plaza
1. The Contest is open to anyone wishing to bake an APPLE PIE.
2. Only 8 apple pies will be accepted with a $10 entry fee.
3. All apple pies will be accepted
4. Pies MUST be checked in at the Apple Festival Organizer’s booth at the stage at Centennial Plaza on Green Street by 11:00 a.m. on contest day (10/16/22). Judging at 1pm. It is at the organizers discretion to turn away late comers.
5. No other fruits may be added (juices OK).
6. Pies that need special handling, refrigeration or heating elements are not allowed.
7. The finished pies must be made using the same ingredients and recipe and cannot contain raw/uncooked eggs (white or yokes). Egg must reach 160 degrees to be considered cooked. Official Tehachapi Apple Festival Apple Pie Contest judge’s ruling as to eligibility will be final.
8. We recommend that pies are baked in disposable pans only, as pans will not be returned.
9. Pies will be scored on overall Appearance and Crust, Filling and Flavor/Taste
10. First Place winner will receive $50 Cash, 2nd place $25 and 3rd place $15.
Call the Loop office at 661-822-8188 to get your entry form
Copyright 2013. Tehachapi Apple Festival. All rights reserved.